After this chapter, you should be able to understand these statements:
- Define the external environment of organizations.
- Identify contemporary external forces pressuring organizations.
- Identify different types of organizational structures and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain how organizations organize to meet external market threats and opportunities.
- Identify the fit between organizational cultures and the external environment.
- Identify environmental trends, demands, and opportunities facing organizations.