After reading this chapter, you should be able to answer these questions:
- What do managers do to help organizations achieve top performance?
- What are the roles that managers play in organizations?
- What are the characteristics that effective managers display?
- 1.3: The Roles Managers Play
- In Mintzberg’s seminal study of managers and their jobs, he found the majority of them clustered around three core management role: (1) Interpersonal Roles, (2) Informational Roles, and (3) Decisional Roles.