By the end of this chapter, students should be able to
- Describe, at the first level of analysis, the factors that cause changes in the interest rate.
- List and explain four major factors that determine the quantity demanded of an asset.
- List and explain three major factors that cause shifts in the bond supply curve.
- Explain why the Fisher Equation holds; that is, explain why the expectation of higher inflation leads to a higher nominal interest rate.
- Predict, in a general way, what will happen to the interest rate during an economic expansion or contraction and explain why.
- Discuss how changes in the money supply may affect interest rates.
Thumbnail: Image by Mediamodifier from Pixabay