- Identify the three levels of management and the responsibilities at each level.
- Discuss various options for organizing a business, and create an organization chart.
- Understand how specialization helps make organizations more efficient.
- Discuss the different ways that an organization can departmentalize.
- Explain other key terms related to this chapter such as chain of command, delegation of authority, and span of control.
- 9.0: Prelude to Structuring Organizations
- Once a business has completed the planning process, it will need to organize the company so that it can implement that plan. A manager engaged in organizing allocates resources (people, equipment, and money) to achieve a company’s objectives. Successful managers make sure that all the activities identified in the planning process are assigned to some person, department, or team and that everyone has the resources needed to perform assigned activities.