- Identify the four Ps of the marketing mix.
- Explain how to conduct marketing research.
- Discuss various branding strategies and explain the benefits of packaging and labeling.
After identifying a target market, your next step is developing and implementing a marketing program designed to reach it. As Figure 9.4 “The Marketing Mix” shows, this program involves a combination of tools called the marketing mix, often referred to as the “four Ps” of marketing:
- Developing a product that meets the needs of the target market
- Setting a price for the product
- Distributing the product—getting it to a place where customers can buy it
- Promoting the product—informing potential buyers about it
The goal is to develop and implement a marketing strategy that combines these four elements. To see how this process works, let’s look at Wow Wee Toys’ marketing program for Robosapien (Wow Wee Toys Ltd., 2004).