A strategy is a directed course of action to achieve an intended set of goals. A tactic is the means by which a strategy is carried out. 
You can view the transcript for “What is Strategy?” here (opens in new window).
Strategy answers the following four questions:
- Where do we compete?
- What unique value do we bring to customers?
- How will we use our capabilities to provide unique value?
- How will we sustain our unique value and position?
- Mintzberg, H. Ahlstrand, B. and Lampel, J. Strategy Safari : A Guided Tour Through the Wilds of Strategic Management, The Free Press, New York, 1998. ↵
Contributors and Attributions
- What Is Strategy?. Authored by: David Kryscynski. Located at: youtu.be/TD7WSLeQtVw. License: All Rights Reserved. License Terms: Standard YouTube license