Skip to main content
7.7: Chapter Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Discuss the benefits that accrue when an organization has a good understanding of employee needs.
- How might Maslow explain why organizational rewards that motivate workers today may not motivate the same workers in 5 or 10 years?
- Describe the process by which needs motivate workers.
- Discuss the importance of Herzberg’s motivators and hygienes.
- Describe a work situation in which it would be appropriate to use a continuous reinforcement schedule.
- Discuss the potential effectiveness and limitations of punishment in organizations.
- How can equity theory explain why a person who receives a high salary might be dissatisfied with their pay?
- Equity theory specifies a number of possible alternatives for reducing perceived inequity. How could an organization influence which of these alternatives a person will pursue?
- What goals would be most likely to improve your learning and performance in an organizational behavior class?
- Identify two reasons why a formal goal-setting program might be dysfunctional for an organization.
- What steps can an organization take to increase the motivational force for high levels of performance?
- Discuss how supervisors sometimes unintentionally weaken employees E ➨ P and P ➨ O expectancies.
- How can an employee attach high valence to high levels of performance, yet not be motivated to be a high performer?
- Is there “one best” motivation theory? Explain your answer.