Welcome! This is the companion textbook for BUS-123, Introduction to Investments, at Southwestern Community College in Chula Vista, California USA. All the course material is freely available on the class website. (wonderprofessor.com/123) We wish you the best of luck and success in your investments and in this grand adventure that we call life! Note: Do not use LibreTexts.org to download the PDF file. LibreTexts.org is AWESOME but their PDF export function is having problems. They are working on an ePub option. For a PDF download, please use this Introduction to Investments PDF file.
If you are using this textbook at another college, consult your instructor or professor for instructions about how this textbook will be used in your course. We welcome the students from Professor Samira Hussein's BUS-215, Introduction to Investments, class at Johnson County Community College in Overland Park, Kansas USA.
- Front Matter including Foreword and Preface (Important Stuff!)
- Part 1: Introduction including Mutual Funds
- Part 2: Stocks, also known as Equities
- Part 3: Bonds, also known as Fixed Investments
- Part 4: Portfolio Diversification and Asset Allocation
- Part 5: Speculating, also known as Trading, better described as Gambling
- Part 6: Miscellaneous Topics in Investing Including Real Estate
- Back Matter Including Addendums and Bibliography: Books to Read (Good Stuff!)
Thumbnail: Angels discussing investments.