After reading this chapter, you should be able to answer these questions:
- Why do people become entrepreneurs, and what are the different types of entrepreneurs?
- What characteristics do successful entrepreneurs share?
- How do small businesses contribute to the U.S. economy?
- What are the first steps to take if you are starting your own business?
- Why does managing a small business present special challenges for the owner?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages facing owners of small businesses?
- How does the Small Business Administration help small businesses?
- What trends are shaping entrepreneurship and small-business ownership?