The course was developed to align with the Western Association of Food Chains (WAFC) learning outcomes for their Retail Management Certificate. It is intended to be a capstone course and covers various aspects of retail management and store operations including merchandising, operations, layout, store organization, site location, and customer service.
This course was developed by the Lumen Learning team with contributions from
- Freedom Learning Group
- Robert Danielson (Saint Mary’s College of California)
- Patrick J. Williams (University of California Extension Programs; Santa Clara University- Leavey School of Business)
- Howard Eskew (San Diego Mesa College)
- Dick Seesel (University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee)
- Nina Burokas (Mendocino College; Saddleback College)
- Wade Hyde (El Centro College–Dallas County Community College District)
Lumen Learning’s mission is to make great learning opportunities available to all students, regardless of socioeconomic background.
We do this by using open educational resources (OER) to create well-designed and low-cost course materials that replace expensive textbooks. Because learning is about more than affordability and access, we also apply learning science insights and efficacy research to develop learning activities that are engineered to improve subject mastery, course completion and retention.
If you’d like to connect with us to learn more about adopting this course, please Contact Us.
Contributors and Attributions
- About This Course. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution