In Business Communication Skills for Managers, students learn how to effectively communicate in business, with an emphasis on the use of these skills as a manager. The course introduces important elements of successful communication, providing examples of effective communication and providing students opportunities to practice the same. The course covers the essentials of communication including professional writing, visual aids, presentations, speeches, phone and online communication, and both getting hired and finding new hires.
This course was developed by the Lumen Learning team with contributions from
- Freedom Learning Group
- Barbara Egel (City Colleges of Chicago)
- Susan Kendall (Arapahoe Community College)
- Robert Danielson (Saint Mary’s College of California)
- Nina Burokas (Mendocino College, Saddleback College)
- Sherilyn Reynolds (San Jacinto Community College)
- Farhad Desai (Concordia University)
- Marie Stirk
Lumen Learning’s mission is to make great learning opportunities available to all students, regardless of socioeconomic background.
We do this by using open educational resources (OER) to create well-designed and low-cost course materials that replace expensive textbooks. Because learning is about more than affordability and access, we also apply learning science insights and efficacy research to develop learning activities that are engineered to improve subject mastery, course completion and retention.
If you’d like to connect with us to learn more about adopting this course, please Contact Us.
- About This Course. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution