After reading this chapter, you should be able to answer these questions:
- What are the basic characteristics of managerial decision-making?
- What are the two systems of decision-making in the brain?
- What is the difference between programmed and nonprogrammed decisions?
- What barriers exist that make effective decision-making difficult?
- How can a manager improve the quality of her individual decision-making?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of group decision-making, and how can a manager improve the quality of group decision-making?