Our text describes the four important and dynamic primary functions of management as planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. In this assignment you will identify, describe, and differentiate the four functions. The following steps will help you prepare for your written assignment:
- Carefully consider the four primary functions of management in the context of a business you know. This could be your workplace, Nokia or ThyssenKrupp introduced to you earlier, or another selected business you are familiar with.
- Select one of the four functions of management that your reading and consideration leads you to believe is the most important. If you believe no single function stands out, then you may select the interoperability of all four.
Write a three-paragraph essay describing your chosen function, and why you rank its importance so highly. Your essay must include three properly referenced and defined terms from the module reading. For example, if you select Controlling, you could include the definition of feedback loop. Answer and address these questions:
- What is the primary function you selected?
- How does it interact with the other functions?
- What would happen to “management” without your selected function?
- What factors cause you to rank its importance above the others?
In addition to the text, you are encouraged to research your topic using reliable and properly cited Internet resources.
Contributors and Attributions
- Assignment: Primary Functions of Management. Authored by: Betty Fitte and Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution