The Environments and Strategic Management module of your text introduced several strategic planning tools to use at different stages of the strategic management process. As an advisor for Sun City Boards, your assignment is to select one of the strategic management tools described in the reading, explain how it works, and explain why it will be of value to Sun City Boards. The following steps will help you prepare for your written assignment:
- Thoroughly read the Environments and Strategic Management module.
- Carefully consider the tools described in the reading to assist with the Objectives and Analysis step of the strategic management process.
- Select one of the analysis tools to explain to Tom Wilson.
Write a three-paragraph essay describing your chosen tool and why you selected it. Your essay must include three properly referenced and defined terms from the module reading. For example, if you select SWOT Analysis, you could include the definitions of each letter. Answer and address the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the tool? What conclusions will it help Sun City Boards draw?
- How does the tool work? How does it measure the relevant factors, or how does it derive importance from them?
- How will your selected tool align with other strategic steps in the process? In other words, when the analysis leads you to a conclusion, how will you use the conclusion in the next step?
- What specifically does the tool NOT address?
In addition to the text, you are encouraged to research your tool using reliable and properly cited Internet resources. You may also draw from your personal work experience with appropriate examples to support your references.
- Assignment: Strategizing for Sun City Boards. Authored by: Betty Fitte and Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution