General Discussion Instructions
In order to prepare for this assignment, READ the information contained in the document “Salty Pawz Background.”
You are required to post to this discussion THREE TIMES, on THREE DIFFERENT DAYS. Please refer to the Discussion Grading Rubric for details regarding how your performance will be assessed. NOTE: Please be certain to read the entire discussion assignment since in some cases there is more than one question you need to discuss, respond to, or address. Be sure that you have answered the entire question!
Post 1: Initial Post
This posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph and a maximum of two paragraphs. Word totals for this post should be in the 100–200-word range. Whether you agree or disagree, explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate.
Wanda has been fortunate that her dog treats have sold so well, but she has been reading about small business marketing and is concerned that as her business continues to grow, she may not get the highest return possible from her marketing dollars. Of primary concern is whether she has really identified her customers. In other words, if she doesn’t know who her customers are, how can she be certain that they see the value in doing business with Salty Pawz?
You will write a value statement that Wanda can include on her company Web site. In order to craft an appropriate statement, you must consider Wanda’s business, the products she sells, her current and potential customers and markets.
- Begin your post with a summary describing Salty Pawz’s customers and the market segment that they represent. Be specific in your description, including demographic information about her customers.
- Present the value statement you have written for Salty Pawz. Remember that a value statement is a business or marketing statement that summarizes why a consumer should buy a product or use a service. This statement should convince a potential consumer that one particular product or service will add more value or better solve a problem than other similar offerings.
- Finally, briefly explain how your value statement helps Wanda
- identify a want or need the prospective customers who possess this want or need,
- satisfy these customers by delivering a product or service that addresses these needs at the time customers want it,
- retain customers by creating new opportunities to win customer loyalty and business.
Posts 2 and 3: Respond to Classmates’ Posts
After you have created your initial post, look over the discussion posts of your classmates and give at least two thoughtful responses to two different classmates (one per classmate) as outlined in the Discussion Grading Rubric.
A response posting should be a minimum of one short paragraph. Word totals for these posts should be in the 75–100-word range. Whether you agree or disagree, explain why with supporting evidence and concepts from the readings or a related experience. Include a reference, link, or citation when appropriate. The goal of your response posts is to extend discussions already taking place or pose new possibilities or opinions not previously voiced. Your goal should be to motivate the group discussion and present a creative approach to the topic.
Contributors and Attributions
- Discussion: Customer Value Perception. Authored by: Linda Williams and Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution