- Perform a mail merge
The Mail Merge feature creates letters, labels, envelopes, and emails all with personalized data. A merge usually requires two documents—the data source file that contains the variable information to be inserted, and a main document with the text and fields that identify where the variable data is to be inserted.
Word has a handy wizard to guide you through the mail merge process.
- Click Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard.
- Click Select Document Type and then click Next: Starting document hyperlink.
- At the second Mail Merge task pane, click Start from existing document.
- Click the Open button. At the Open dialog box, browse to the data file containing the information to be inserted, and double-click it.
- At the third task pane, click on the Use an existing list and then Browse.
- At the Select Data Source dialog box, navigate to your storage file and then double-click it.
- At the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, click OK.
- Click the Write your Letter hyperlink.
Continue to follow the instructions provided by the wizard to complete your document.