Use two different search engines to conduct the same search. Pick one of the following phrases to search:
- big-box store
- largest supermarket chain
- brick and mortar store
- computers in business
Search for your chosen phrase using Google. Next, use the same phrase to search on Microsoft Bing. Once you’ve run the same search on the two different engines, compare the results.
- Which search engine provided the most results?
- Which search engine provided the most relevant results?
- How could you make the search return even more relevant results regardless of search engine used?
Share your opinions below and respond to two of your classmates’ thoughts.
Contributors and Attributions
- Discussion Forum: Search Results. Authored by: Sherri Pendleton. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: Public Domain: No Known Copyright