- Give examples which help distinguish between the very similar concepts of religion and magic
- Supernatural forces are not bound to laws of nature; they work outside of them.
- Mana is a classic example of a supernatural force that imbues objects with powers of authority.
- The term religion is reserved for an organized cult with a priesthood and dedicated sites of worship or sacrifice, while magic is prevalent in all societies, regardless of whether they have organized religion or more general systems of animism or shamanism.
- mana: A form of supernatural energy in Polynesian religion that inheres in things or people.
- Supernatural Forces: The supernatural is that which is not subject to the laws of nature, or more figuratively, that which is said to exist above and beyond nature.
- supernaturalism: A belief in the doctrine of supernatural or divine agency as manifested in the world, in human events, religious revelation, miracles, etc.
Woman floating above bed: Supernatural force allows this woman to float.