In this chapter, you will learn:
- How the web development process works, from planning through to design and launch.
- Development and design best practices and the principles of designing for persuasion.
- How to assess the quality and effectiveness of web development and design implemented by suppliers or agencies.
- How to evaluate the need for either a static or CMS website.
- 6.3: Web design
- Web design is the process of creating all the visual aspects of the interface. This covers the layout, colour scheme, images, logos, type, design elements (such as buttons and links), and anything else that you can see.
- 6.5: The web development process
- Mobile Internet usage has increased dramatically in the last few years and, according to the Washington Post, is predicted to continue increasing by 66% globally each year (Kang, 2013). Because of this, it’s important for all brands to make themselves accessible on mobile devices. As you learnt in the User Experience Design chapter, mobile devices can fall into a range of categories.