Case Study Questions
- What was Vets now’s new brand strategy?
- Why was it necessary for Vets now to do such extensive customer research?
- Could it be argued that this case study covers a business strategy rather than a marketing strategy?
- Why is it important to consider the business context when planning your marketing strategy?
- How has the Internet affected marketing and the models we use to understand it?
- Do you agree with the idea that customers are more empowered than they were before digital communications were so prevalent? Justify your answer.
www.sethgodin.typepad.com – Seth Godin’s popular blog provides regular insight and food for thought.
smithery.co – A marketing and innovation blog that teaches marketers to ‘Make Things People Want, rather than spend all their energy and resources trying to Make People Want Things’.
www.gigaom.com – GigaOM’s community of writers covers a wide range of technological copies.
Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind – This book by Ries & Trout published in 2002 offers excellent advice claiming space in the minds of consumers.