Step 1: Introduce Yourself
Let’s get to know each other a little bit. Your assignment is to create a discussion post to introduce yourself. Include the following information:
- What is your name and what nickname (if any) do you like to go by?
- What is your course of study at this college?
- Where are you from?
- What hobbies do you enjoy?
- What do you hope to get out of this class?
Step 2: Respond to Classmates’ Posts
After you have created your own post, look over the discussion posts of your classmates and respond to at least two of them.
Grading Rubric for Discussion Posts
The following grading rubric may be used consistently for evaluating all discussion posts.
Discussion Grading Rubric
|Criteria||Response Quality: Not Evident||Response Quality: Developing||Response Quality: Exemplary||Point Value Possible|
|Submit your initial response||No post made – 0 pts||Post is either late or off-topic – 2 pts||Post is made on time and is focused on the prompt – 5 pts||Point value possible – 5 pts|
|Respond to at least two peers’ presentations||No response to peers – 0 pts||Responded to only one peer – 2 pts||Responded to two peers – 5 pts||Point value possible –5 pts|
Total Points Possible for Discussion Assignment: 10pts.
- Discussion: Self Introduction. Provided by: Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution