Skip to main content
8.8: Chapter Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Identify the various functions of performance appraisals. How are appraisals used in most work organizations?
- What are some problems associated with performance appraisals?
- Define validity and reliability. Why are these two concepts important from a managerial standpoint?
- How can errors in appraisals be reduced?
- Critically evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of the various techniques of performance appraisal.
- Discuss the role of feedback in employee performance.
- What is the difference between intrinsic and extrinsic rewards?
- Identify the major bases of reward distribution.
- How does money influence employee motivation?
- Discuss the relative merits of individual and group incentive programs.
- Describe the benefits and drawbacks of several of the new approaches to reward systems. Which ones do you feel would be most effective in work organizations?