Skip to main content
5.10: Chapter Review Questions
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- Define the three types of diversity and compare them using examples for each type.
- How are the demographics of the workforce changing?
- What are some major challenges that women face in organizations?
- What is the model minority myth? How does it compare to how Blacks and Hispanics are stereotyped?
- What are some benefits of hiring older workers?
- Why would an employee “pass” or “reveal” at work? What are the positive and negative consequences of doing so?
- Explain the six benefits of workplace diversity described by Cox and Blake’s business case for diversity.
- Compare how the cognitive diversity hypothesis and the similarity-attraction paradigm relate to diversity outcomes.
- Based on the justification-suppression model, explain why individuals act on their prejudicial beliefs.
- Describe the challenges that managers must face when managing diversity.
- How can employees ensure they are compliant with the laws and legislation enforced by the EEOC?
- What are some recommendations for managing diversity?