- Use the skills you have learned in the chapter.
- Work collaboratively with other students.
- On a separate sheet of paper, create questions from the following sentences.
- My daughter will have to think about her college options.
- Otto is waiting in the car for his girlfriend.
- The article talks about conserving energy.
- We need to reduce our needs.
- Rusha is always complaining about her work.
- Underline the prepositional phrase in each of the following sentences.
- Monica told us about her trip.
- I hope we have sunshine throughout the summer.
- The panther climbed up the tree.
- The little boy was standing behind his mother’s legs.
- We stayed awake until dawn.
- Place the following sets of adjectives in the correct order before the noun.
- eyes: black, mesmerizing
- jacket: vintage, orange, suede
- pineapple: ripe, yellow, sweet
- vacation: fun, skiing
- movie: hilarious, independent
- On a separate sheet of paper, rewrite the positive sentences as negative sentences. Be sure to keep the sentences in the present tense.
- Sometimes I work on Saturdays.
- The garden attracts butterflies and bees.
- He breathes loudly at night.
- I chew on blades of grass in the summer time.
- I communicate well with my husband.
- On a separate sheet of paper, rewrite the following paragraph by correcting the double negatives.
That morning it was so hot Forrest felt like he couldn’t hardly breathe. Ain’t nothing would get him out the door into that scorching heat. Then he remembered his dog, Zeus, who started whining right then. Zeus was whining and barking so much that Forrest didn’t have no choice but to get off the couch and face the day. That dog didn’t do nothing but sniff around the bushes and try to stay in the shade while Forrest was sweating in the sun holding the leash. He couldn’t not wait for winter to come.
Once you have found all the errors you can, please share with a classmate and compare your answers. Did your partner find an error you missed? Did you find an error your partner missed? Compare with your instructor’s answers.