Study Plan: Activity Based Costing
I can define the following terms as they relate to our unit:
|Cost Driver|| |
|Product Margin|| |
Activity Based Costing
|Customer Margin||Activity Rate|| |
|Allocation Base||Cost per Unit|
- I can explain the use of cost pools in activity based costing.
- I can analyze the product margin of a product when using activity based costing and plantwide allocation.
- I can understand the difference between plantwide rate, departmental rate, and activity based costing activity rate.
- I can analyze the customer margin of a product using activity based costing.
- I can calculate activity rates for activity cost pools.
- I can calculate the product margin using a traditional costing system and activity based costing.
- I can allocate overhead using activity based costing activity rates.
- I can allocate overhead using plantwide rates and departmental rates.
- I can calculate the total cost of a department, job, product, or process using activity based costing.
Click ABC Costing study plan for a printable copy.